The goal of the Visual Arts Ministry of Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church is to remind the observer of our Creator's boundless gifts and His immeasurable grace. We accomplish this through exhibitions, education programs, and opportunities for the congregation and community to participate in multimedia events. Exhibits are mounted regularly in the Ministries Center.
- The Studio at Beacon Presents Art Created for Community and Personal Transformation. Sunday, January 8 to Sunday, February 26. BEACON, a mission partner of BMPC, identifies itself as a neighborhood faith community serving a portion of Kensington. Presbyterian pastors lead the flock and they have established an art studio for therapeutic purposes to inspire innate creativity and expression for all who attend. A reception will be held following the harpsichord recital on Sunday, January 22.
- Stained Glass Windows of the Pew Memorial Chapel: Tiffany and Willet Studios. Sunday, March 5 to Sunday, April 23. The glorious colors of the early Tiffany windows of the Chapel sparkle anew after old protective glazing was removed. New photography will help tell the history and story of these windows as well as many of the traditional Willet designs. A reception will be held following the organ recital on Sunday, March 5.
- African Art of the George Purvis Collection, Harcum College, and Voices in Quilts from Ghana shared by ChristinaJohnson. Sunday, April 30 to May 28. The collection from Harcum highlights African sculpture in different materials, masks, fabrics, textiles and household items. The quilts of Ghana were achieved as the expressions of the women who crafted them under the direction of Johnson, a fellowship recipient sent to teach and learn. A reception will be held following the choir concert on Sunday, May 21.
- Artists’ Gathering Exhibition. Sunday, June 4 through August. The Conference Room and Witherspoon will be covered with art works of a community of local artists who gather every Thursday in the Gloucester Room and turn it into a studio. They are pleased to share their creations with the congregation for pleasure and purchase during the summer months.
Opportunity for Artists:
- Artists’ Gathering. Thursdays, 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Gloucester Room. Artists of any medium are invited to attend with their materials to create, share, and develop their talents in a community of fellow artists.