"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life." - Psalm 143:8
- Advent Story Path © Labyrinth. Offered in the Chapel during the month of December leading up to Christmas. Chapel open for walkers Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.*
- The Longest Night Candlelit Walk. Wednesday, December 18 after the 7:00 p.m. service. The Rope Labyrinth will be set up on the Front Lawn, weather permitting.
- Lenten Story Path © Labyrinth. Offered in the Chapel from Ash Wednesday, February 26through Wednesday, April 8. Chapel open for walkers Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.*
- Maundy Thursday and Good Friday Walks. Optional Stations of the Cross set up on the Chartres Labyrinth in the Gymnasium.
- Maundy Thursday. April 9, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Good Friday. April 10, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon.
* Occasionally, services may be held in the Chapel – signs will be posted alerting that the labyrinth would be closed during the service. Services listed on Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church calendar page.
Walking the labyrinth is a very individual experience. You honor God with this walk and provide a pathway to prayer. Consistent walking may deepen your compassion, lessen your judgments, increase your patience, and enable you to find your purpose in life to share with the world.
Come with others to celebrate the space centered in quiet and light. Your walk may offer clarity for life direction, healing of grief, identification of a turning point, or a calming of noise from daily demands. Intentional walking allows the labyrinth to be a prayerful tool to bring awareness to your questions and concerns.
Your walk will involve four stages:
- Remembering: In preparation, remember you are blessed. Count your blessings if you are waiting to enter the labyrinth.
- Release: At entry, clear your mind, focus on breathing, and walk with intention. This stage ends at the center.
- Receive: At the center, sit or stand and take what is offered in this space. Pray or listen to the silences. Stay as long as you want.
- Integrate: Leaving the center, follow the same path outward. Symbolically, you are moving into the world with what insights you have received during the meditative walk.
The Labyrinth is available for walking at Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church at specified times.
Offsite Facilitation and programming is available with the labyrinth.