We care about those who cannot obtain adequate food for themselves. With an overall poverty rate of 25 percent, Philadelphia is the poorest big city (population over one million) in the country. Areas like West Philadelphia and Chester now are the second poorest and hungriest in the entire United States.
Examples of ways you can join us in the fight against hunger include:
- Donate a casserole to the freezers in our Ministries Center, where they are stored prior to delivery to soup kitchens
- Bring non-perishable food items to church to help stock emergency food cupboards
- Participate in a Saturday casserole blitz - all ages are welcome to help us meet our goal of 1600 casserole donations per year
- Contribute through the Hunger envelopes in our church pew racks
- Participate in the Philadelphia “Walk Against Hunger”
- Join BMPC’s Hunger Committee, which meets monthly to plan and organize efforts such as these
BMPC Hunger Committee: agency annual update form.