Care Manager/Social Worker
BMPC’s Care Manager provides specialized counsel to senior adults and their families and assesses personal and social needs for church members facing change or crisis. Our Care Manager also organizes volunteers to help members in need and assists those with frailties or challenges by offering counseling, psychosocial assessment, referrals to agencies, and support during a life transition or difficult time.
Care Managers are trained to listen, assess needs, evaluate situations, suggest options, and recommend solutions. A Care Manager may help with:
- Resources for yourself or a loved one
- Concerns that you want to discuss confidentially with a professional
- Assessment, information or education on a topic of psychosocial concern
- Support for caregivers
- Rides to medical or other appointments or to church
- Support for a life transition or difficult time in your life
- Support to continue living at home
All communications and conversations between the Care Manager and members will be treated in a confidential manner consistent with standards of social work and pastoral care. No information will be divulged to staff, congregation, family, or other health care professionals without the express consent of the member.