We hope that through the classes, devotional, worship and prayers offered at BMPC this Lenten season that you will join us in observing the mystery, joy, struggle, and hope of this season.
- Ash Wednesday
- 2020 Lenten Devotional
- Lenten Evening Prayers
- Holy Week and Easter
- Easter Lilies Donations
Ash Wednesday - Wednesday, February 26
- 5:30 p.m. Family Service in the Chapel with Imposition of Ashes. The Rev. Rachel Pedersen preaching.
- 5:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday Night Dinner served in Congregational Hall. Cost: $8/adults, $5/students and children. All welcome.
- 7:30 p.m. Service in the Chapel with Imposition of Ashes. The Rev. Franklyn C. Pottorff preaching.
2020 Lenten Devotional
Our 2020 Lenten Devotional booklet offers daily Scripture readings and enriching, contemplative devotions to guide your journey through the 40 days of Lent. Written by our pastoral staff and members of the BMPC congregation for the days between Ash Wednesday and Easter, copies are available in our Ministries Center or Sanctuary. Download the Lenten Devotional.
Lenten Evening Prayers
Wednesdays, March 4, 11, 18, 25 and April 1. Gather in the Chapel at 7:00 p.m. for a simple service of music, prayer, scripture and silence led by the pastors.
Beginning on Ash Wednesday, the small Story Path labyrinth will be available for walking and quiet reflection in the Chapel weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
During Holy Week, the Story Path labyrinth may be walked in the Children’s Chapel on Monday, April 6, Tuesday, April 7 and Wednesday, April 8, from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The Chartres labyrinth will be available in the gymnasium on Maundy Thursday, April 9, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and on Good Friday, April 10, from 8:00 a.m. to noon with the option to walk the Stations of the Cross.
Printed prayers and meditations will be available at all times noted.
We are pleased to announce a new format for the 2019-2020 program year – Concerts with a Cause. We will be partnering with social service organizations and donating 50% of our proceeds from each concert to a partner organization. We hope you will join us and help support these organizations doing important work in our local community and beyond!
Sunday, March 8, 4:00 p.m. – Lenten Choir and Orchestra Concert
The BMPC Sanctuary Choir, Bryn Mawr Chamber Singers, soloists, and The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia will present works of Francis Poulenc, Maurice Duruflé, Arthur Honegger, and Lili Boulanger.
Partner organization – 12Plus
The mission of 12Plus is to increase educational equity by building school cultures that inspire academic achievement and empower students to succeed in education beyond 12th grade.
Sunday, March 22, 2:00 p.m. – Organ Recital: Vincent Dubois, Organist of Notre Dame Cathedral
We are pleased to present this opportunity for you to hear the newest of the three Notre Dame organists, 38-year-old Vincent Dubois.
Partner organization – Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris
Benefit to support the 70 employees of Notre Dame Cathedral now without work after the catastrophic fire.
Holy Week and Easter
Join us for worship as we walk through Jesus’ final days on Earth and celebrate the Good News of Easter.
Palm Sunday, April 5
- 8:00 a.m. Worship with Communion, Chapel
- 9:45 a.m. Children ages 2 - Kindergarten meet in classrooms and children grades 1 - 5 meet in Chapel for Palm Sunday Procession
- 10:00 a.m. Worship with Children’s Palm Procession, Sanctuary.
- 11:00 a.m. All-Church Brunch, Congregational Hall
- No Wednesday Night Dinner this week (April 8).
Maundy Thursday, April 9
- 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Labyrinth Walk, Gym
- 5:30 p.m. - Family Service with Communion, Chapel
- 5:30 - 7:15 p.m. - Simple Supper in Congregational Hall. Free-will offering.
- 7:30 p.m. - Worship with Communion, Sanctuary.
Good Friday, April 10
- 8:00 a.m. - noon. Labyrinth Walk, Gymnasium
- 12:00 noon. Worship led by BMPC Youth, Chapel
- 7:30 p.m. Tenebrae Service: The Sanctuary Choir presents Dale Wood’s “Service of Darkness,” Sanctuary. The Rev. Dr. Agnes W. Norfleet preaching.
Easter Sunday, April 12
- 6:30 a.m. Sunrise Service on the Front Lawn. The Rev. Rachel Pedersen preaching.
- 7:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast, Ministries Center
- 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 a.m. Worship with Choir and Easter Brass in the Sanctuary. The Rev. Dr. Agnes W. Norfleet preaching.
If you have any questions about our church or our Lenten services and events, please call 610-525-2821.