"I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
Upcoming Opportunities to Walk the Labyrinth
Monthly Labyrinth Walks in Congregational Hall: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Lenten Labyrinth Walk: March 2 – April 17, 2022. The small labyrinth will be available to walk in the Chapel Mon. through Fri., 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Sat., 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and Sun., 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Download Lenten Labyrinth Journey Booklet here.
Holy Week Walks
April 14, Maundy Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
April 15, Good Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Walking the labyrinth is a very individual experience. You honor God with this walk and provide a pathway to prayer. Consistent walking may deepen your compassion, lessen your judgments, increase your patience, and enable you to find your purpose in life to share with the world.
Come with others to celebrate the space centered in quiet and light. Your walk may offer clarity for life direction, healing of grief, identification of a turning point, or a calming of noise from daily demands. Intentional walking allows the labyrinth to be a prayerful tool to bring awareness to your questions and concerns.
- Prepare: Be still, quiet, and attentive. Listen to the rhythm of your breath.
- Release: Walking in, let go of any random thoughts, focus on breathing, and walk at your own natural pace.
- Receive: In the center, sit or stand and take what is offered in this space. Seek awareness of God's presence. Spend as much time as needed in the center.
- Return: Leave the center following the same path outward. Symbolically, you are moving into the world with the insights you have received during the meditative walk.
- Reflect: Journal, sketch, or simply stay in stillness for as long as you need.
The Labyrinth is available for walking at Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church at specified times.
Offsite program/facilitation is available with the labyrinth and a Certified Labyrinth Facilitator.